Institutional Account Manager
08. Nov 2017
Place of work
Los Angeles - United States
Manager without direct reports
Yes, above 25%
Straumann partners with passionate people who fit in with the agile dynamics of our size-for-success company. People at Straumann appreciate the opportunity to shape the future and create impact. Encouraging leadership and inspiring ideas from our people have guided us through our proud history of pioneering innovations.
- Position Summary
- Manage an assigned institutional account territory to maximize sales revenue and meet the corporate sales objectives.
- Service existing accounts and grow that business.
- Identify, target and convert prospect accounts in total and/or increased share of wallet
- Target, manage and ultimately secure graduate orders from dental graduates
- Complete IAM 30-60-90 each academic year as well as from a business calendar stance.
- Support the execution of all marketing launch plans and new product sales objectives
- Collaborate with and report to the Director of Professional Relations.
- Balance product portfolio and services from all divisions when applicable
- Participate in regional and national trade shows and meetings
- General CRM Activities - Straumann SAP CRM provides a platform for every field based employee to plan and measure activities to the current customer base and prospective customers. The data input provides guidance for business strategies to report trends, customer needs and identify Sales, Marketing and Education opportunities. All employees with customer facing interactions are required to log quality activities with every Straumann customer and prospect.
To meet and exceed Straumann’s sales objectives for all Straumann products over a given territory by developing profitable relationships with assigned university, medical and government accounts and the dental community within. The Institutional Accounts Manager is responsible for increasing sales and customer satisfaction within an assigned geographic area. This requires an ability to uncover, understand and exceed customer expectations by “simply doing more”.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of sales experience in high growth corporate markets
- Medical device industry experience strongly preferred.
- Prior sales experience with physicians as the principal point of contact preferred.
- Successful Medical/Dental Institutional sales experience preferred
- Proficiency in consultative selling with knowledge of the Challenger technique or related method preferred.
- Valid driver's license, safe driving record, maintaining auto insurance coverage.
- General Business Environment. Extensive local travel may be required.
Work Environment & Physical Demands