Director Global Portfolio and Launch Management
Arbeitsort: Basel, Schweiz
Headquartered in Basel, Straumann is a global leader in implant and restorative dentistry and oral tissue regeneration. Having pioneered many of the most influential technologies and techniques in our field, we have a tradition of doing more to advance dental regeneration, restoration and replacement, as well as patient care. For Customer Marketing department we are looking for a qualified Director Global Portfolio and Launch Management.
The Director Global Portfolio and Launch Management is responsible for
managing the innovation process and the resulting portfolio roadmap as well as
the development of the global marketing and launch plan across all business
areas. In addition, he/she ensures a systematic approach to strategic pricing
themes such as new product pricing, management of prices along the life-cycle
and competitive pricing intelligence. The Director of Global Portfolio &
Launch Management will act as single point of contact for all other corporate
departments for related aspects within the group. The role is based at our HQ
in Basel and reporting to the VP Global Customer Marketing & Education.
- Develops, shapes and optimises the portfolio planning and
ensures the efficient and effective management of the Group’s product portfolio
management process across all business franchises (surgical, prosthetic,
digital and biomaterials) and its proper documentation.
- Leads the Group’s innovation management process, including the ongoing
collection of ideas (through all channels including web), the evaluation by the
Innovation Board, the prioritization of ideas as well as their transition into
development projects. Leads the bi-annual Portfolio Review Day and in this role
is responsible for a fact-based decision making and prioritization process.
- Supports Product Management and Customer Solutions Management in
putting together the Business Books and Business Cases, especially with respect
to standardized (financial and market) assumptions and formats.
- Closely collaborates with Business Controlling to ensure consistency
in planning and reporting.
- Leads selected projects related to portfolio and innovation management
- Develops and delivers the global operative marketing and
launch plan and executes with strong focus on customers and subsidiaries.
- Owns and continuously improves the global launch process with the
objective to consistently deliver professional roll-outs of global launch and
- Develops processes, tools and metrics
to effectively plan, execute and measure launch activities and product
campaigns. Manages the launch management system, ensures implementation of
launch projects and enables the gathering of respective data (i.e. volume
planning, pricing, registration dates, launch dates).
- Coordinates down-stream and upstream communication between HQ, regions
and subsidiaries for all launch activities.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure that resources are
aligned and working towards common goals and timelines.
- Contributes to cross-functional understanding of product launch goals
and ensures best practice sharing between subsidiaries, regions and HQ.
- Tracks and evaluates launch execution across subsidiaries and
identifies improvement needs for further launches.
- Works closely with Business, Sales leadership and other
stakeholders to support the development of pricing strategies, to set
priorities and goals, and to ensure alignment around pricing issues.
- Advises businesses on potential pricing implications in early stages
of the product development projects and support the creation of business cases
and business books (target price).
- Develops and maintains the companies “new product pricing process” and
supports pricing-setting process for specific new products and services.
- Develops and maintains the companies “price adaptation process” and
leads the annual price review process of the existing price list on a global
scale (resulting in a pricing guidance for the global organisation).
- Analyses portfolio to recommend pricing alternatives for desired
outcomes, such as sales increase, enhanced profitability and migration
- Develops robust models to illustrate price performance and areas for
price and margin improvement, and establishes tools and methodologies to
capture customer value of products and services.
- Establishes and maintains pricing intelligence tools and databases
(e.g. including competitive pricing information).
- Educated to degree level, the successful candidate will possess at
least 7+ years of professional experience, with a progressive track-record in
- A (Life Sciences) industry background would be an asset but not a
- Experience and comfort in working within a fast-paced, international
business environment is a must
- Several years of experience in general management practices and
product planning is an advantage. High degree of ease with figures and
- International minded individual
- Proficiency in English; other languages advantageous
- Bright, energetic, straight-forward thinking and
performance-driven professional with entrepreneurial spirit and strong
execution abilities (“can-do” attitude)
- Ability to be a self-starter and developing things autonomously, using
previous experience, institutionalizing processes without giving up
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, as demonstrated in a multi-cultural
and multi-lingual environment. Recognizing the various ways of doing business,
and adopting an appropriate style of communication according to the different
- Ability to establish effective working relationship across departments
and hierarchical levels within the organization
- High level of integrity, commitment and ethics
Straumann is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce
diversity. We would like to welcome you in a dynamic work environment, which is
characterized by its innovative technology, the swissness and international
outlook and flexibility. A great place to work by giving you the opportunity to
grow and be recognized for your achievements. If you are interested in this
challenging role, please forward your application to:
(Please note that we do not accept applications neither CV's from any
Schicken Sie ihre Bewerbung an:
Institut Straumann AG
Peter Merian-Weg 12
+41 61 965 11 11