Head of Global Medical Marketing & Education (m/f)
04. Aug 2017
Place of work
German-speaking Switzerland - Switzerland
Manager with direct report
Join us and become part of our Medical Marketing & Education Team at our Headquarter in Basel. We are looking for you as our new Head of Global Medical Marketing & Education (m/f).
Together with your team which consists of clinicians, educational program managers and medical marketing managers you are responsible for the successful commercialization of our products and solutions through clinical and educational activities.
This means identifying and evaluating new educational opportunities, establishing and enhancing a network of clinical experts to collaborate with, developing and commercializing new concepts while increasing Straumann’s share of voice in media, scientific conferences and Training & Education (T&E) programs.
The position holder is instrumental in enabling our staff, speakers, Key Opinion Leaders (KOL), regions and our different customer groups to understand, properly use and where applicable, effectively promote and sell our products by using consistent, high-quality and up-to-date blended learning formats as well as medical marketing instruments.
The function is based at our headquarter in Basel and requires travelling up to 20-30%. Main interfaces include the Product Management, Customer Solutions Management, Marketing Communication, Clinical Operations, International Team of Implantology (ITI), the regions and subsidiaries.
- Strengthen the Straumann brand and drive sales through customer education and activities with clinical partners and ensure a strategic and coordinated approach to medical marketing activities across all business areas
- Establish and own a program to attract, develop and maintain KOL to build up clinicians that support various commercial activities. Enable different speaker categories by supporting them with teaching content and material as well as speaker development programs (e.g., presentation and communication skills)
- Develop medical marketing instruments to communicate scientific evidence in a clear, instructive and understandable way. Collaborate with Product Management to set up and execute medical marketing plans
- Develop and deliver the long-term Training & Education roadmap including educational concepts for product and service related initiatives. Ensure a strategic and coordinated approach to T&E activities across all business areas
- Define and develop suitable educational concepts (curricula) for each target group (staff, customers, speakers) as a blueprint for local adaptation and apply a blended learning mix with a special focus on integration of online learning platforms
- Attract and support various customer segments, including specialists, GPs, dental technicians, dental nurses, hygienists
- Define and implement effective onboarding, new product launch and continuous refresher training
- Conceptualize and roll-out certification programs for sales representatives and global T&E managers
- Develop capabilities of online learning and assessment tools, and tailor learning pathways to respective skill level, to optimize classroom time.
- Own and continuously improve the global medical marketing and T&E process in connection with the global launch process with the objective to consistently deliver professional medical marketing plans and T&E concepts that support the successful commercialization of our products and services
- Manage Return on Investment (ROI) analysis of medical marketing and T&E activities
- Qualified candidates must possess a degree in Business Administration, Life Sciences or equivalent
- 10+ years of prior work experience in an international Marketing and/or Education Leadership role in a B2B environment, preferably with experience in and with Anglo-Saxon and Asian cultures
- Ability to develop medical marketing plans as well as customer and staff educational concepts in support of organizational strategy and objectives (strategic planning skills)
- A proven track record in a comparable role
- Proven ability to work in an international / matrix environment
- Fluent English spoken and written, any other language is an advantage
Please note: This is not a position for job starters - we count on your experience.
Marcus Fischer, Head of Global Talent Acquisition, is your first contact for further questions you might have. Please apply via our online application system or send your application via E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For this position we are not asking for profiles of HR Consultancies and Recruiting Agents. Please respect this.
Send your application to