Innovation Project Manager (m/f)
13. Jul 2017
Place of work
German-speaking Switzerland - Switzerland
Manager without direct reports
Join us and become part of our Portfolio & Launch Team at our Headquarter in Basel. We are looking for you as Innovation Project Manager.
The role of the Innovation Project Manager is a pivotal leadership position that directs interdisciplinary pre-projects; from an idea to application phase. It offers a unique opportunity to control all pre-projects for Straumann Group entities and to provide a continuous flow of innovation to feed into our Product and Solution pipeline.
- Take ownership to drive all pre-projects in Innovation funnel from early research to application phase readiness
- Develop and manage the project schedule with the functional lead with defined scope and activities
- Maintain resource management overview of cross functions involved in all pre-projects
- Review all news ideas received within respected timelines and secure that all information required to make a decision for assessment is available, collect missing inputs when needed
- Work with respective portfolio managers in Straumann Group to retrieve new ideas but also get a regular update on status of pre-project being assessed in the different entities
- Prepare Toll gates presentation and ensure all the deliverables are completed and documented in company document management system
- Host the monthly Innovation forum and secure action items are closed according to timelines
- Align on regular basis with the Head of Research and Development Project Portfolio to inform when a pre-project reaches application phase
- Educated to a degree in Engineering, bioengineering or life science, MBA is a plus
- At least 5 years in a Project Management lead in a manufacturing environment, ideally in medical device, pharma, chemical or automotive industry
- Project Management Education (PMP, PRINCE2) is of advantage
- Sound knowledge in applicable standards and regulations (MDD, FDA, ISO)
- Knowledge in the area of product development and clinical research
- Proficiency English language skills
- Dynamic, straight-forward and performance-driven professional with strong execution abilities and customer focus
- Entrepreneurial, analytical and proactive personality with ability to cultivate a network of productive relationships in an international matrix environment
Please note: This is not a position for job starters - we count on your experience.
Katrin Kogler, Global Talent Acquisition Partner, is your first contact for further questions you might have.
Please apply via our online application system and do not send your application via E-Mail.
For this position we are not asking for profiles of HR Consultancies and Recruiting Agents. Please respect this.
Send your application to