Country Manager Iberia
Straumann partners with passionate people who fit in with the agile dynamics of our size-forsuccess company. People at Straumann appreciate the opportunity to shape our future and create impact. Encouraging leadership and inspiring ideas from our people has guided us through our proud history of pioneering innovations.
We are looking for a talented Country Manager Iberia wanting to contribute to our agile work environment in Madrid, Spain.
Manage the Iberian subsidiary with full P&L responsibility (Sales,
Marketing & Education, Finance & Operations, HR) and represent the
company in all respects.
- Achieve performances in line with the Straumann Iberia
yearly P&L objectives
- Understand the dynamics of the market, the dental and
economic environment to identify opportunities to grow Straumann market
- Develop and document strategic objectives for area of accountability
and translate into operating plans to grow sales and profit in line with agreed
- Recognize market developments and opportunities and translate them
into effective topline approaches and operational plans & programs.
- Build and lead a high performance organization to deliver operating
plans by hiring, training, coaching and developing direct reports, making best
use of Straumann resources
- Communicate the vision, strategy and
objectives throughout the organization, encourage cross-divisional
collaboration and teamwork to drive continuous improvement, functional
effectiveness and cost efficiency.
- Ensure operational integrity, compliance with Straumann business
practices and policies, legislative, clinical and regulatory requirements.
- Provide all forecasts, business reports and information flows as
required by the headquarter on a timely basis.
Knowledge of the market
Continuously updated knowledge of the:
- current and emerging technical trends in dental
- market dynamics in terms of country health care budgets and
- local market opportunities and threats including competitors’
Relationship with external decision influencers
- Understand and monitor activities and plans of Government
Health Care institutions, industry associations, pressure groups, regulatory
bodies and sources of technical innovations.
- Build and maintain relationships with local Kol’s
- Represent the Straumann brand and competitive advantages in the most
positive way to decision influencers.
- Build and utilize Straumann’s academic partnership with the ITI to
strengthen ties with opinion leaders and speakers in implant dentistry and
build a powerful community network for customer retention purposes.
Knowledge of Straumann capabilities
- Assess capabilities of the local organization objectively
and identify potential for development in terms of Straumann competitive
advantage, market coverage, brand image and cost structure.
- Understand Straumann global future product, service and branding
- Drive the development of appropriate organization structures that will
enhance the Company’s growth and market opportunities.
Strategic plan process/operating plan process
- Analyze and document strengths, weaknesses, opportunities
and threats (SWOT) relevant to the organization and the market in Iberia
- Use the SWOT analysis to develop the vision for sales in terms of
direction, growth and overall targets.
- Encourage appropriate participation of sales managers in the planning
process to create ownership and ensure local operational input.
Business forecasting, control and reporting
- Gather relevant information to enable realistic judgments
about likely business changes, opportunities and achievements.
- Regularly re-evaluate performance against forecasts and budgets and
take timely action to meet agreed targets.
- Negotiate and supervise all Company contracts with suppliers.
- Ensure that the country team prepares and submits accurate and regular
business reports as requested by Straumann management.
Sales process effectiveness
- Help sales teams apply a consultative sales process
enabling them to build value propositions that maximize the attractiveness of
the Straumann offering in the eyes of the customer
- Deliver appropriate customer and sales-force training and education
programs, building up and capitalizing upon the network of key opinion
- Contribute to joint sales visits with the customer account owner(s)
following pre-agreed sales objectives and processes.
- Intervene when necessary to address any non-compliance with agreed
sales approaches and policies.
Leadership and business control
- Use a participative leadership style to encourage
ownership and enthusiasm for implementing action plans in line with agreed
vision and business strategy.
- Provide support, feedback and advice to ensure high performance.
- Address performance management issues urgently and take corrective
- Actively manage the local P&L in order to adapt
quickly to evolving business requirements.
- Control costs in line with annual expense operating plans.
- Ensure that Accounts Receivable and Inventories are effectively
managed to support sales performance, optimize cash flow and limit risks.
Education / Professional Experience
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Natural Sciences with MBA
or Master in Business economics.
- Experience with a direct sales force is an asset, thorough
understanding of developing and implementing sales/marketing strategies that
focus on selling solutions is a must.
- A Life Sciences / Medical Devices background would be an asset.
- Extensive practical experience and hands-on mentality with a can-do
- Proven ability to develop and execute a growth plan to achieve market
leadership coupled with several years of management experience.
- Ability to structure and manage a growing organization in terms of
organizational setup, processes, management and employees.
- Track-record in working in a multi-national corporate environment,
preferably including a continental European headquarter.
- Proven ability to lead, decide and execute.
- Multinational minded individual. Fluency in Spanish (ideally also
Portuguese) as well as English both spoken and written, any other language an
Personal / Competencies
- Energetic, straight-forward and performance-driven
professional with entrepreneurial spirit and strong execution abilities.
- Strong problem solving capabilities and strategic thinking
- Ability to be a self-starter and developing things autonomously, using
previous experience, institutionalizing processes without giving up
- Ability to achieve results in a pragmatic way in a dynamic and
- Strong negotiating skills, and excellent communication skills, as
demonstrated in a multi-lingual environment.
- Ability to establish a strong local team and to work
- Ability and experience to lead, manage and coach people.
- High level of integrity, commitment and ethics.
It takes the commitment of bright and resourceful people to further
advance our innovative technology as well as our Swiss standard of precision
and quality. Adding your passion to our high-performance culture is a smart
move. Are you interested in a challenging job at Straumann? If so, please
forward your application to:
(Please note that we do not accept applications neither CV's from any
Institut Straumann AG
Peter Merian-Weg 12
+41 61 965 11 11