Basel/Montreal, 8 July 2013: As part of their strategic collaboration, Straumann and Dental Wings announce the introduction of the CARES Prosthetic App1, a plug-in software module inside the DWOS software version 3.5.3 on Dental Wings CADCAM systems2. The CARES Prosthetic App provides eligible3 Dental Wings customers full access to the CARES Prosthetic portfolio4 including CARES customized abutments, full contour restorations, crowns and bridges.
The collaboration builds upon the following customer benefits
- Access to the original Straumann customized abutment
- Dental Wings customers ordering CARES prosthetics benefit from the precision of the original Straumann abutment-implant connection
- CARES products are covered by the Straumann guarantee5
- High-quality customized prosthetics – including cobalt chromium alloy (coron®), zirconium dioxide (zerion®), various full contour materials – designed for flexible, reliable and predictable prosthetic restoration outcome.
- CARES Prosthetic App creates new business opportunity for Dental Wings labs to connect with Straumann dentists
- CARES Prosthetic App with DWOS software 3.5.3 installed, no additional investment required
- CARES X-Stream™, the complete implant-based single-tooth prosthetic restoration in 1 step (1 scan, 1 design and 1 delivery), saves time and cost for dental labs and aims to increase their profitability
The CARES Prosthetic App operates in the same software environment as Dental Wings customers are used to. Training is not required.
The Straumann CARES Prosthetic App underscores the collaboration between Dental Wings and Straumann in creating a leading software platform for digital dentistry.
Straumann constantly invests in innovating prosthetic solutions, state-of-the art milling machines and quality control processes. Each production line at Straumann is designated to processing one material in one machine with a specific milling strategy to provide the best possible prosthetics. Straumann CARES Technical support team is staffed 100% by dental lab technicians. They speak the customer’s language and understand his/her needs. Customers can always track the status of every single order to better manage the expectation on delivery time. With the knowledge of more than 1.5 million prosthetic components sold, Straumann has extensive experience in satisfying more than 2000 laboratories globally.
With CARES Prosthetic App, Dental Wings labs can profit from these advantages and work more efficiently. Through the time saved, Dental Wings dental labs can increase productivity and concentrate on offering competitive services and stronger differentiation of their products.
Dental Wings customers with CARES Prosthetic App have full access to Straumann support for questions related to Straumann CARES Prosthetics.
CARES Prosthetic App is available for Dental Wings customers running the latest Dental Wings software 3.5.3 or higher and have an up-to-date software license. Customers fulfilling these criteria simply register with Straumann and start to design CARES® Prosthetics on their Dental Wings system.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Straumann (SIX: STMN) is a global leader in implant, restorative and regenerative dentistry. In collaboration with leading clinics, research institutes and universities, Straumann researches, develops and manufactures dental implants, instruments, prosthetics and tissue regeneration products for use in tooth replacement and restoration solutions or to prevent tooth loss. Straumann currently employs approximately 2300 people worldwide and its products and services are available in more than 70 countries through its broad network of distribution subsidiaries and partners.