Basel, 11 April 2014: At Straumann’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Basel today, the shareholders approved all the proposals put forward by the Board of Directors. The meeting was attended by 366 shareholders, who together with proxies, represented 79.7% of the total share capital. For the first time, the shareholders were able to give their voting instructions to the independent proxy online in advance.
The meeting approved the following:
- The Annual Report, Financial Statements and Consolidated Financial Statements for the 2013 business year. Consent for the 2013 Compensation Report was given in an advisory vote.
- The appropriation of the available earnings in 2013: CHF 58 million for the 2013 dividend and CHF 805 million for retained earnings.
- The discharge of the Board of Directors for their activities in 2013.
The revision of the Company’s Articles of Association, including the adoption of the Swiss ordinance against excessive remuneration in stock-exchange-listed companies (VegüV), which came into effect on 1 January 2014.
The election of Gilbert Achermann, Dr Sebastian Burckhardt, Roland Hess, Ulrich Looser, Dr Beat Lüthi, Stefan Meister and Dr h.c. Thomas Straumann to the Board of Directors for a term of one year.
The election of Gilbert Achermann as Chairman for a term of one year.
The election of Ulrich Looser, Dr Beat Lüthi, Stefan Meister to the Compensation Committee for a term of one year.
The total compensation of the Board of Directors for the next term of office, and the fixed compensation of the Executive Management from 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015 as well as their variable long-term compensation components for the current business year.
- The appointment of Neovius Schlager & Partner in Basel as the independent voting representative for a term of one year.
- The appointment of Ernst & Young AG as Statutory Auditors and Group Auditors, for a term of one year.
The dividend payout will be made as of 22 April 2014; the ex-dividend date is 15 April 2014. The next ordinary general meeting of Straumann’s shareholders will be convened on 10 April 2015 at the Basel Congress Center.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Straumann (SIX: STMN) is a global leader in implant, restorative and regenerative dentistry. In collaboration with leading clinics, research institutes and universities, Straumann researches, develops and manufactures dental implants, instruments, prosthetics and tissue regeneration products for use in tooth replacement and restoration solutions or to prevent tooth loss. Straumann currently employs approximately 2200 people worldwide and its products and services are available in more than 70 countries through its broad network of distribution subsidiaries and partners.