Basel, 10 April 2015:At Straumann’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Basel today, the shareholders approved all the proposals put forward by the Board of Directors with a large majority. The meeting was attended by 407 shareholders, who together with proxies, represented 80.1% of the total share capital.
The meeting approved the following:
- The Management Report, Financial Statements and Consolidated Financial Statements for the 2014 business year.
- The appropriation of the available earnings in 2014: CHF 58.6 million for the 2014 dividend and CHF 873 million carried forward to the new accounts.
- The discharge of the Board of Directors for the 2014 business year.
- The compensation of the Board of Directors for the term of office beginning today and ending at the 2016 Annual General Meeting. The shareholders approved a maximum collective compensation of CHF 2.25 million. This reflects the Board’s own initiative to take a CHF 650 000 compensation cut to support the company’s cost reduction measures.
- The compensation of the Executive Management: the shareholders approved the short-term variable compensation for the 2014 business year in the maximum amount of CHF 4.282 million and the total fixed compensation for the period from 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 in the maximum amount of CHF 5 million. (Also in support of the company’s cost-reduction measures, the Executive Management waived its right to the long-term incentive allocation in 2015 with a value of CHF 2.5 million.)
The re-election of Gilbert Achermann as Member and Chairman of the Board, as well as the following Board Members – each for a term of one year: Dr Sebastian Burckhardt, Roland Hess, Ulrich Looser, Dr Beat Lüthi, Stefan Meister and Dr h.c. Thomas Straumann.
The re-election of Ulrich Looser, Dr Beat Lüthi and Stefan Meister to the Compensation Committee for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Neovius Schlager & Partner in Basel as the independent voting representative for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Ernst & Young AG, Basel, as auditors for the 2015 business year.
The dividend will be paid as of 8 April 2016; the ex-dividend date is 14 April 2014. The next ordinary general meeting of Straumann’s shareholders will be convened on 8 April 2015 at the Basel Congress Center.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, the Straumann Group (SIX: STMN) is a global leader in implant, restorative and regenerative dentistry. In collaboration with leading clinics, research institutes and universities, Straumann researches, develops and manufactures dental implants, instruments, prosthetics and tissue regeneration products for use in tooth replacement and restoration solutions or to prevent tooth loss. Including its Neodent business, the Group currently employs approximately 3400 people worldwide and its products and services are available in more than 70 countries through its broad network of distribution subsidiaries and partners.