Basel, 7 April 2017 –At Straumann’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Basel today, the shareholders approved all the proposals put forward by the Board of Directors. The meeting was attended by 375 shareholders, who, together with proxies and online voters, represented 74% of the total share capital.
The shareholders approved the following:
- The Management Report, the Annual Financial Statements, the Consolidated Financial Statements and – in a consultative vote – the Compensation Report, for the 2016 business year.
- The appropriation of the available earnings in 2016: CHF 65.1 million for the 2016 dividend and CHF 763.2 million carried forward to the new accounts. The approved dividend corresponds to CHF 4.25 per share, an increase from CHF 4.00 in 2015. The dividend will be paid as of 13 April 2017; the ex-dividend date is 11 April 2017.
- The discharge of the Board of Directors for the 2016 business year.
- The fixed compensation of the Board of Directors for the period commencing with today’s AGM and ending at the 2018 AGM in a maximum amount of CHF 2.3 million, approximately 40% of which will be paid in shares that are blocked for two years.
- The compensation of the Executive Management, including a short-term variable compensation of CHF 5.7 million for the 2016 business year, a maximum long-term, variable compensation for the 2017 business year of CHF 3.0 million and a maximum total fixed compensation of CHF 5.8 million for the period from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018.
- The re-election of Gilbert Achermann as Member and Chairman of the Board, as well as Dr Sebastian Burckhardt, Ulrich Looser, Dr Beat Lüthi and Dr h.c. Thomas Straumann as Board Members – each for a term of one year.
The election of Monique Bourquin and Regula Wallimann as new Board Members – each for a term of one year. They fill the gaps left by Stefan Meister and Roland Hess, who have both stepped down from the Board.
The election of Monique Bourquin, Ulrich Looser and Dr h.c. Thomas Straumann to the Compensation Committee for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Neovius AG in Basel as the independent voting representative for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Ernst & Young AG, Basel, as auditors for the 2017 business year.
The next ordinary general meeting of Straumann’s shareholders will be convened on 4 April 2018 at the Basel Congress Center.
The Straumann Group (SIX: STMN) is a global leader in tooth replacement solutions that restore smiles and confidence. It unites global and international brands that stand for excellence, innovation and quality in tooth replacement and esthetics, including Straumann, Instradent, Neodent, and Medentika, etkon and other fully/partly owned companies and partners.
In collaboration with leading clinics, institutes and universities, the Group researches, develops, manufactures and supplies dental implants, instruments, CADCAM prosthetics, biomaterials and digital solutions for use in tooth replacement and restoration or to prevent tooth loss.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, the Group employs 3800 people worldwide and its products, solutions and services are available in more than 100 countries through a broad network of distribution subsidiaries and partners.