Annual General Meeting
The 2017 Annual General Meeting took place:
Friday, 7 April 2017, at 10:30 a.m. in the Congress Center Basel, San Francisco Hall, Messeplatz 21, Basel, Switzerland
The shareholders approved all the proposals put forward by the Board of Directors. The meeting was attended by 375 shareholders, who together with proxies, represented 74% of the total share capital. The shareholders were able to give their voting instructions to the independent proxy online in advance.
The shareholders approved the following:
- The Management Report, the Annual Financial Statements, the Consolidated Financial Statements and – in a consultative vote – the Compensation Report, for the 2016 business year.
- The appropriation of the available earnings in 2016: CHF 65.1 million for the 2016 dividend and CHF 763.2 million carried forward to the new accounts. The approved dividend corresponds to CHF 4.25 per share, an increase from CHF 4.00 in 2015.
- The discharge of the Board of Directors for the 2016 business year.
- The fixed compensation of the Board of Directors for the period commencing with today’s AGM and ending at the 2018 AGM in a maximum amount of CHF 2.3 million, approximately 40% of which will be paid in shares that are blocked for two years.
- The compensation of the Executive Management, including a short-term variable compensation of CHF 5.7 million for the 2016 business year, a maximum long-term, variable compensation for the 2017 business year of CHF 3.0 million and a maximum total fixed compensation of CHF 5.8 million for the period from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018.
- The re-election of Gilbert Achermann as Member and Chairman of the Board, as well as Dr Sebastian Burckhardt, Ulrich Looser, Dr Beat Lüthi and Dr h.c. Thomas Straumann as Board Members – each for a term of one year.
- The election of Monique Bourquin and Regula Wallimann as new Board Members – each for a term of one year. They fill the gaps left by Stefan Meister and Roland Hess, who have both stepped down from the Board.
- The election of Monique Bourquin, Ulrich Looser and Dr h.c. Thomas Straumann to the Compensation Committee for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Neovius AG in Basel as the independent voting representative for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Ernst & Young AG, Basel, as auditors for the 2017 business year.
- Ex date: 11 April 2017
- Payment date: 13 April 2017
2018 Annual General Meeting
The next ordinary general meeting of Straumann’s shareholders will be convened on 4 April 2018 at the Basel Congress Center.