Product Development Engineer Continuous Improvement (m/f)
14. Dec 2017
Place of work
Basel - Switzerland
Research + Development
Professionals (experienced, specialists)
WE ARE STRAUMANN.
We are looking for you as our new Product Development Engineer Continuous Improvement (m/f)
In this role you will be part of an inspired and dynamic team, shaping together the future of our advanced and innovative Straumann Dental Implant Systems (SDIS) Portfolio. The position is based in Basel, Switzerland and reports to the Group Leader Product Development LCM (Life Cycle Management).
- Enforce compliance to regulations and internal processes in particular improve current product documentation to adhere to the new Medical Device Regulations (MDR) standards
- Transferring of knowledge on Medical Device Regulations standards documentation into organization
- Evaluation, organization, coordination and implementation of product Lifecycle Management activities
- Coordination of design transfer activities with process validation activities and documentation
- Translation of user needs/market inputs into technical specifications according to MDR standards
- Coordination of verification and validation-activities (design output, verification & validation)
- Overall technical lead on demanding, cross-functional development projects under consideration of design control process
- Evaluation of technical solutions and performance of feasibility studies
- Degree in mechanical engineering, bioengineering, or related field of study
- Several years’ experience in a related area such as development of medical device products
- Experience with design transfer activities in particular support external suppliers with process validation activities and documentation is a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge in applicable standards and regulations (MDR, FDA, ISO) and design control process
- Sound knowledge in the area of product development, process validation, manufacturing and testing with specific development tools (e.g. FMEA, DoE, tolerance and statistical analysis)
- Strong analytical skills and result orientation
- Distinctive interpersonal skills, customer focus and entrepreneurial thinking
- Effective and convincing communication, both verbally and in writing, fluent in English
Florian Rupp, HR Partner, is your first contact for further questions you might have. Please apply via our online application system or send your application via E-Mail to email@example.com.
For this position, we are not asking for profiles of HR Consultancies and Recruiting Agents. Please respect this.
Send your application to