Senior Medical Marketing Manager
18. Dec 2017
Place of work
Andover - United States
Product + Business Management
Manager without direct reports
Straumann partners with passionate people who fit in with the agile dynamics of our size-for-success company. People at Straumann appreciate the opportunity to shape the future and create impact. Encouraging leadership and inspiring ideas from our people have guided us through our proud history of pioneering innovations.
- Position Summary
- Identify key organizations (Universities, Associations, etc) in the US and Canada who are educating a large number of newly surgically active dentists (implants). Initiate and lead the collaboration efforts with the Education, Marketing, and Professional Relations, teams on how to bring these organizations on board.
- Evaluate, and potentially initiate, partnership possibilities to drive Straumann penetration in each of those organizations
- Understand the clinical proofs generated by the numerous Straumann Clinical trials. Prioritize the most important studies demonstrating our key product benefits and educate our sales & marketing organizations to leverage them.
- Develop and manage a KOL pool in conjunction with National Education Director and Product Marketing team for each of our major business areas: Implants, Prosthetics, Regenerative, and Digital Dentistry and the recently entered Orthodontia segment.
- Create advocates from this group for our new product solutions through efficient pre-selling strategies / product testing / expert group meetings
- Create conditions of large share of voice in congresses & dental magazines for those new solutions in order to ensure a faster and larger market adoption
- Improve Straumann/Neodent value proposition by adding incremental services, such as tailor-made education, to support our product launches.
- Lead the collaboration with Product Management and Customer Marketing on identifying institutions and clinicians for conducting clinical studies and post marketing trials, as well as initiate company product road shows
- Support NAM in developing and executing high level education events to ensure existing customer loyalty
- Evaluate solutions to support Straumann/Neodent customers developing their business
- Develop specific programs which support customers in managing their practice better, through exploring different alternatives: Internal development or external partnership
- Evaluate local Straumann – ITI cooperation, support USA and Canada to benefit from the global Straumann investment in the partnership. In collaboration with ITI Section Administrator.
- Collaborate on and roll out plan for the ITI Academy in the USA and Canada
The Senior Medical Marketing Manager is a strategic position in North America.
The responsibility is to strongly contribute to the development of Straumann and Neodent market shares in the North America (USA and Canada) through differentiated business education strategies, qualitative KOL pre-launch strategies, and efficient internal expertise improvement initiatives.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Support new customer acquisition strategies
Increase new product launches penetration
Support existing customer development
Leverage the Global Straumann – ITI (International Team for Implantology) partnership
- Minimum Qualifications
- Medical industry/Dental industry experience preferred
- 7-10years of Sales or Marketing experience required
- Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred.
- Energy, enthusiasm, pro-activity
- Experience in working in a multinational environment & matrix organizations
- Proven track record in delivering performances through project development and execution
- Performance / business driven
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to influence all levels of the organization
- Structured thinking, organized and ability to prioritize
- Willingness to travel 25-40% of the time, including weekends
Required Skills and Knowledge