03. Jan 2018
Place of work
Andover - United States
Entry Level (apprenticeship, internship. graduates)
Straumann partners with passionate people who fit in with the agile dynamics of our size-for-success company. People at Straumann appreciate the opportunity to shape the future and create impact. Encouraging leadership and inspiring ideas from our people have guided us through our proud history of pioneering innovations.
- Position Summary:
- Inspect parts 100% as they are produced.
- Make sure part finish quality is to requirements.
- Deburr parts as they come off machines.
- Work with Machine Operators to adjust machine as needed.
- Follow procedures and complete documentation as needed.
Inspect and deburr the parts produced on the CNC machines. Work on the production floor along with the Machine Operators to produce quality product. The Visitage and Operators work together as a team to inspect the parts as they are made. All production runs are visually inspected 100% to ensure the quality. This is a key position in making sure all parts are made to Straumann’s standards.
Major Responsibilities of the Position:
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years inspection or deburring of small precision parts.
- Minimum 1 year working with a microscope.
- Medical device experience a plus.
- Excellent eyesight and visual acuity.
- Ability to inspect and work using a microscope for 8 hours.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to work with small high quality parts and recognize detail.
- Aptitude for high volume repetitive work.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Work Environment and Physical Demands
General manufacturing environment. May be exposed to hazards associated with manufacturing equipment and tools. Requires manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects.