Head of Surface Research (m/f)
18. Dec 2017
Place of work
Basel - Switzerland
Research + Development
Manager with direct report
We are looking for you as our new Head of Surface Research (m/f) to lead the Surface Research Department, responsible for a whole research lab. In particular managing internal research projects.
This pivotal position endorses cross functional relationships among several departments such as Customer Solutions & Education, Clinical Research, IP, QA/RA and Production under consideration of time, quality and economical aspects.
The position is based at our Headquater in Basel, Switzerland and reports directly to Head Product Development.
- Manage research project and perform respective experiments based on set project goals
- Manage relationships with external research partners
- Support development projects with expertise
- Develop and establish analytical methods
- Line management accountability for a research team
- Within projects, plan and supervise experimental work of laboratory assistants and student trainees / guest scientists at Straumann
- Responsible for the corresponding cost center budget
- Enforce compliance to regulations and internal processes
- University degree (MSc + at least 2 years of experience or Ph.D.)
- Proven performance in monitoring complex research projects
- Sustained experience and proven results and success in the following areas
- Experience in R&D in industry and/or university (4 years)
- Project Management
- Performance as team leader
- Operating in a complex and changed matrixed environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English and, preferably, in German as well
- Strong analytical skills and result orientated team player
- Innovative personality with excellent communication skills
- Dynamic and self-motivated person, comfortable working in an agile, innovative matrix environment
- Distinct customer orientation, both internally and externally
- Proven leadership skills
- High self-awareness and social awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills and actively cultivates a network of productive relationships in an international environment
- Highly energetic and pacesetting
- Displaying personal and professional ethics and ability to embrace Straumann’s Mission and Culture
Florian Rupp, HR Partner, is your first contact for further questions you might have. Please apply via our online application system or send your application via E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For this position, we are not asking for profiles of HR Consultancies and Recruiting Agents. Please respect this.
Send your application to