Digital Solutions Training Manager
04. Jan 2019
Andover - USA
Forschung + Entwicklung
Einstiegsniveau (Lehre, Praktikum, Absolventen)
Ja, über 25 %
Straumann partners with passionate people who fit in with the agile dynamics of our size-for-success company. People at Straumann appreciate the opportunity to shape the future and create impact. Encouraging leadership and inspiring ideas from our people have guided us through our proud history of pioneering innovations.
- Position Summary:
- Position based out of Andover Headquarters, MA
- Works collaboratively within and across departments, to develop and deliver training and educational programs and activities in line with strategic goals, objectives, and policies.
- Gathers feedback from customers, technical support, marketing, and sales to ensure training programs are developed that maximize customer satisfaction, customer needs and the company’s revenues.
- Ensures customers and Lab Territory Managers are properly trained by Technical Trainers on the full digital product line including lab scanners, guided surgery software, intra-oral scanners, printers, mills and third party digital platforms with whom the company has a partnership.
- Ensures that the Technical Training Team delivers educational programs and activities for customers in assigned geographic Area and other areas of the US and Canada as needed, including one to one visits with Labs, webinars and co-travel with Lab Territory Managers
- Responsible for the co-creation, implementation and delivery of a Straumann Digital Solutions Courses that include: curriculum, facilitator’s guides and teaching aides and tools
- Teaching of Digital Lab and prosthetic Lab courses as defined by Education Department
- Adheres to and delivers on National Training Schedule and Trade Show Schedule through the use of the Technical Trainer team
- Complies with and adheres to industry standards as mandated by various governing bodies
- Proactively identifies industry education needs and potential new course options
- Responsible for ongoing performance reviews and development of direct reports
- Strong inter departmental collaboration with internal and external teams
- Proactively evaluate and implement new education methodologies to ensure Straumann Digital Solutions continuing education programs and schedules meet the needs of the business
- Collaborates with Education Director and KOL Manager to identify and develop an external speaker pool
- Develops communication plan to keep all speakers up to date on product information
- Works with the Product Management Team and Internal Training Department to develop presentations and/or educational materials for use by Lab Territory Managers
- Provide supplemental lectures and hands-on courses to support customers’ needs in addition to defined course schedule as determined by Director of Education
- Co-travels with the Sales Team to determine customer education needs and provide customer technical training as needed
- Conducts long-range analysis to determine cost and effectiveness of customer education programs
- Responsible for training Technical Trainers and Lab Territory Managers on all Straumann Digital Solutions products and the Straumann prosthetic portfolio
The Digital Training Manager of North America is a hands on management position responsible for leading the North American Technical Trainer Team (including Canada). The remotely based team of Technical Trainers reporting to this role, are responsible for training customers on newly purchased digital dental equipment/software in labs and offices, as well as enhancing existing customer’s knowledge base on digital products through collaboration and input with the STM implant and lab sales teams. The ability to drive collaboration, develop alignment and create win-win scenarios are essential skills for the individual in this position, while also balancing the needs of their own team.
The Digital Training Manager will liaise with key stakeholders across the organization (Education, Marketing, Sales, Business Development, etc.) in the creation, development and teaching of the company’s Digital and Lab continuing education programs for both customers and internal sales training functions to ensure that the company’s strategic goals are being met.
The Digital Training Manager will also liaise with key strategic partners, such as manufacturers for training related information/materials/programs, distribution partners that need digital training materials, as well as 3rd party training organizations that Straumann may work with for additional training needs that support the company’s goals.
Excellent writing, editing, communications, presentation, teaching, human relations and interpersonal skills are required as well as a strong understanding of digital equipment/software in the dental realm.
Major Responsibilities of the Position:
- Minimum 3 years in a managerial role
- Minimum of 6 years of professional presentation/teaching experience
- Minimum of 8-10 years in a professional work environment
- Proven project management skills
- Digital Technology background
- CDT accreditation a plus
- High level of professionalism
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong management skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong Social Media engagement
- Love for Technology and How It operates
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Outstanding facilitation and training skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask
- Time management and organizational skills
- Able to handle a changing and hectic workload
- Capable of creative thinking and problem solving
- Course presentations require considerable standing and moving around presentation area.
- 40% travel required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Work Environment and Physical Demands: