Operations & Maintenance Technician
13. Mar 2018
Place of work
Texas - United States
Professionals (experienced, specialists)
Straumann partners with passionate people who fit in with the agile dynamics of our size-for-success company. People at Straumann appreciate the opportunity to shape the future and create impact. Encouraging leadership and inspiring ideas from our people have guided us through our proud history of pioneering innovations.
- Position Summary
- Keeps 3D printing area clean, organized and ready for production.
- Operates the printers in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Digitally creates and prints batches of production models.
- Prioritizes batches in accordance with production schedules.
- Removes printed batches from the machine.
- Inspects each printed batch and utilizes measuring tools.
- Logs each printed batch with inspection status and statistical process control measurements.
- Removes any non-conforming product from the production line.
- Replaces print cartridges with approved printing cartridges.
- Monitors printers during production hours and run cycles.
- Cleans printers in accordance with work instructions.
- Maintains printing trays and print heads between batches.
- Coordinates with Supply Chain Management department for materials required for 3D printing.
- Removes waste material in accordance with work instructions and safety protocols.
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Reviews production schedule and when equipment is not scheduled for manufacturing, changes over equipment to new sizes or performs scheduled maintenance.
- Tests equipment to check operation. Clears jams and sets aside product for inspection and rework. Tries out equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime.
- Examines, tests and measures product from assigned equipment for quality specifications, using gauges and instruments, and records data on appropriate forms. Checks product for visual defects.
- Makes preventive maintenance checks and inspects assigned equipment. Reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
- Examines defects and analyzes spoilage causes and, where possible, takes corrective action. Analyzes and records cause of production delays on daily production report.
- Notifies senior of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken and of quality problems or supplies needed.
- Follows safety rules and maintains personal safety and the safety of others including maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Accurately records and reports information as required.
- Applies Good Documentation Practices to all maintenance records.
- May assist in training production personnel or other team members.
This position sets up, adjusts and maintains assigned equipment with responsibility for fulfilling established production and quality requirements. Responsible for batching, printing and inspecting production models using 3D printers. Provides assistance in implementing and coordinating improvement or cost reductions in the current production technology.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2-year degree or higher in an electrical technology specialty required.
- Three (3) years’ on-the-job experience in a production environment required.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks, assign and track goals, and communicate effectively with other departments.
- Must have basic computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Must be able to observe and hear warning signs and signals within all areas of the company.
- Must be able to stand 8 hours a day (with periodic breaks allowed) and walk up to an hour.
- Must be able to occasionally push/pull up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to wear safety gloves.
- Must be able to wear a safety face shield.
- Must be able to wear a protective apron.
- Will repeatedly lift up to 20 lbs. (several times an hour).
- Will frequently have repetitive hand movements including using scissors for several hours at a time.
- Employee must be able to wear synthetic gloves for hygiene reasons.
- Employee must be able to wear protective eye wear.
- Employee must be able to wear protective hearing gear.
- Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision and the ability to remain focused on small work pieces for extended periods of time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. A reasonable accommodation may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform the essential functions of the role.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee: