13. Mar 2018
Place of work
Arlington - United States
Professionals (experienced, specialists)
Straumann partners with passionate people who fit in with the agile dynamics of our size-for-success company. People at Straumann appreciate the opportunity to shape the future and create impact. Encouraging leadership and inspiring ideas from our people have guided us through our proud history of pioneering innovations.
- Position Summary:
- Ability to work from customer models and interpret specifications to deliver the best custom device and finished product for that application.
- Inspect parts as they are produced including microscopic inspection.
- Makes sure finished goods quality is appropriate to requirements.
- Careful handling and processing of customer property and finished goods to avoid damage.
- Close verbal and written communication with the customer throughout the order process.
- Strictly adhere to documented process and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Applies Porcelain to Full Contour Zirconia restorations, Green states zirconia work, loads sintering ovens and curing ovens, pre-sintered staining, and applies external stain and glaze. Conducts fit/ finish tests and other quality inspections to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Start-to-finish proficiency in all aspects of Ceramics
- Ceramic Skill necessary to include build-up, grind-in, contour, anatomy, contacts and metal/porcelain margins
- Able to do all aspects of ceramic work with the various systems used in the ceramic department
- A good understanding of anatomy and ideal tooth morphology for full mouth restorations (high precision)
- A good eye for aesthetics
- Thorough understanding of morphology and functional design in both anterior and posterior restoration essential for full arch/mouth cases
- Pink porcelain application.
- Strong(start to finish) case management experience is a must
- Excellent eyesight and visual acuity
- Ability to inspect and work using a microscope
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work with small high quality parts and recognize detail
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in dental laboratory operations
- Current CDT required
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Windows and/or Lotus Notes
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written
- Time management and organizational skills
- Capable of creative thinking and problem solving
- Able to accept teaching and guidance
- Work well independently and with others
Required Knowledge and Skills: