Straumann shareholders approve all proposals at 2018 AGM
Basel, 4 April 2018 – At their Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Basel today, the Straumann shareholders approved all the proposals put forward by the Board of Directors. 318 shareholders attended the meeting; together with proxies and online voters, they represented 74% of the total share capital.
The shareholders approved the following:
- The Management Report, the Annual Financial Statements and the Consolidated Financial Statements for the 2017 business year.
- The Compensation Report for the 2017 business year, in a consultative vote.
- The appropriation of earnings and dividend payment for the 2017 business year: CHF 75 million for the 2017 dividend and a CHF 940 million balance carried forward. The approved dividend corresponds to CHF 4.75 per share, an increase of CHF 0.50 from 2017. The dividend will be paid as of 12 April 2018; the ex-dividend date is 10 April 2018.
- The discharge of the Board of Directors for the 2017 business year.
- The fixed compensation of the Board of Directors for the next term in a maximum amount of CHF 2.4 million. Approximately 40% of the compensation is paid in shares at market value; these shares are blocked for two years.
- The compensation of the Executive Management, including a maximum total fixed compensation of CHF 6.9 million for the period from 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019, a short-term variable compensation of CHF 6.4 million for the 2017 business year, and a maximum long-term, variable compensation of CHF 3.0 million for the 2018 business year.
- The re-election of Gilbert Achermann as Member and Chairman of the Board, as well as Monique Bourquin, Dr Sebastian Burckhardt, Ulrich Looser, Dr Beat Lüthi, Dr h.c. Thomas Straumann and Regula Wallimann as Board Members – each for a term of one year.
The re-election of Monique Bourquin, Ulrich Looser and Dr h.c. Thomas Straumann to the Compensation Committee for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Neovius AG in Basel as the independent voting representative for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Ernst & Young AG, Basel, as auditors for the 2018 business year.
The next ordinary general meeting of Straumann’s shareholders will be convened on 5 April 2019 at the Basel Congress Center.
The Straumann Group (SIX: STMN) is a global leader in tooth replacement and orthodontic solutions that restore smiles and confidence. It unites global and international brands that stand for excellence, innovation and quality in replacement, corrective and digital dentistry, including Straumann, Neodent, Medentika, ClearCorrect, Dental Wings, and other fully/partly owned companies and partners. In collaboration with leading clinics, institutes and universities, the Group researches, develops, manufactures and supplies dental implants, instruments, CADCAM prosthetics, biomaterials and digital solutions for use in tooth replacement and restoration or to prevent tooth loss.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, the Group currently employs 4881 people worldwide and its products, solutions and services are available in more than 100 countries through a broad network of distribution subsidiaries and partners.