Senior Facility Engineer
Date de libération
05. févr. 2019
Lieu de travail
Massachusetts - États-Unis
Niveau de carrière
Professionnels (expérimentés, spécialistes)
Qui sommes-nous ?
Straumann partners with passionate people who fit in with the agile dynamics of our size-for-success company. People at Straumann appreciate the opportunity to shape the future and create impact. Encouraging leadership and inspiring ideas from our people have guided us through our proud history of pioneering innovations.
- Position Summary:
- Provide engineering support to a state of the art medical device manufacturing, distribution and administrative facility across a wide range of disciplines.
- Unit operations at the site to be supported include but are not limited to: USP purified water production and distribution, waste water treatment, compressed air production and distribution, HVAC systems and controls, ISO 7 clean rooms, data center support, life/safety systems, audio visual systems, medical device assembly, anodizing, tumbling, aqueous cleaning, laser engraving, abrasive blasting, acid etching, packaging, labeling and sterilization.
- Support shall include creating and/or editing work instructions and providing training to responsible parties.
- A key component of this position is support of maintenance activities at the site: ensuring adequate and correct spare parts inventory, management of preventive maintenance programs and assisting with equipment repairs if required, all to ensure maximum reliability of operations at the site.
- Manage all aspects of capital improvement projects such as: new process equipment installation, facility infrastructure improvements, expansions or modifications, office reconfigurations or relocations.
This position provides day-to-day technical support to the Facilities Maintenance and Secondary Production Departments. This position will also lead capital improvement projects related to facility infrastructure and production processes. The position reports to the Senior Director of Facilities and Secondary Production.
Primary Responsibilities of the Position:
- Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline.
- 3 - 5 years experience in a Facility or other Engineering capacity
- Previous medical device manufacturing experience and quality system compliance preferred.
- The candidate must demonstrate working knowledge and some experience with industrial controls, and instrumentation. PLC and robotic experience a plus.
- Software skills required include working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, SAP and a CAD suite.
- Candidate must demonstrate good communication and collaboration skills.
- Candidate must be agile and able to change area of focus as required in a fast-paced production environment.
- This position requires the selected candidate to obtain a Massachusetts Grade 3 Industrial Wastewater Treatment license within 12 months of hire date.
- This position requires the selected candidate to obtain OSHA Hazmat first responder certification within 12 months of hire date.
- Production environment will include working in ISO7 clean rooms.
- Production environment will include working with hot concentrated acid mixtures, Aluminum oxide blasting media, high pressure abrasive blasting equipment, inert gases and compressed gases.
- Must be able to lift 50 lb without restriction.
- This position will require on occasion, working on weekends, early mornings, late nights or holidays in order to complete projects or repairs without disruption to plant operations.
- This position is subject to emergency call-in response during off hours/weekends/holidays.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Work Environment and Physical Demands: