Straumann Group: 2020 AGM approves all proposals
Basel, 7 April 2020 –At the Shareholders’ Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Straumann Group in Basel today all the proposals put forward by the Board of Directors were approved by a large majority. Based on Article 6a of the COVID-19 Ordinance 2 of the Swiss Federal Council, the Group was required to ask its shareholders to vote through the independent proxy. The AGM was convened without the shareholders attending in person; 72% of the total 15,878,984 shares were represented in comparison with 74% in 2019.
The shareholders approved the following:
- The Management Report, the Annual Financial Statements and the Consolidated Financial Statements for the 2019 business year.
- The Compensation Report for the 2019 business year, in a consultative vote.
- The appropriation of earnings and dividend payment for the 2019 business year: CHF 91 million for the dividend with a balance of approximately CHF 1.2 billion carried forward. The approved dividend corresponds to CHF 5.75 per share, an increase of CHF 0.50 on the previous year. The dividend will be paid net of 35% withholding tax as of 15 April 2020; the ex-dividend date is 9 April 2020.
- The discharge of the Board of Directors for the 2019 business year.
- The fixed compensation of the Board of Directors collectively for the next term in a maximum amount of CHF 2.7 million. Approximately 40% of the compensation is paid in shares at market value on the date of grant, which are blocked for two years.
- The compensation of the Executive Management (comprising 14 members vs. 12 in 2019), including: a total fixed compensation of CHF 9.2 million for the period from 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021, a long-term variable compensation at grant value of CHF 3.2 million for the 2020 business year, and a short-term variable compensation in the amount of CHF 6.1 million for the 2019 business year.
- The re-election of Gilbert Achermann as Member and Chairman of the Board, as well as Monique Bourquin, Dr Sebastian Burckhardt, Juan-José Gonzalez, Dr Beat Lüthi, Dr h.c. Thomas Straumann and Regula Wallimann as Board Members – each for a term of one year. Marco Gadola was elected as a new Board Member for a term of one year. Having served on the Board for ten years, Ulrich Looser decided not to stand for re-election. On behalf of the shareholders and the company, the Chairman thanked him for his many contributions and wished him all the best for the future.
- The election ofMonique Bourquin, Dr Beat Lüthi and Regula Wallimann to the Human Resources & Compensation Committee for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Neovius AG in Basel as the independent voting representative for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Ernst & Young AG, Basel, as auditors for the 2020 business year.
The voting results are attached to this release.
The next ordinary general meeting of Straumann’s shareholders will be convened on 9 April 2021 at the Basel Congress Center.
The Straumann Group (SIX: STMN) is a global leader in tooth replacement and orthodontic solutions that restore smiles and confidence. It unites global and international brands that stand for excellence, innovation and quality in replacement, corrective and digital dentistry, including Anthogyr, ClearCorrect, Dental Wings, Medentika, Neodent, Straumann and other fully/partly owned companies and partners. In collaboration with leading clinics, institutes and universities, the Group researches, develops, manufactures and supplies dental implants, instruments, CADCAM prosthetics, biomaterials and digital solutions for use in tooth replacement and restoration or to prevent tooth loss.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, the Group currently employs approx. 7600 people worldwide and its products, solutions and services are available in more than 100 countries through a broad network of distribution subsidiaries and partners.
Straumann Holding AG , Peter-Merian-Weg 12, 4002 Basel, Switzerland.
Phone: +41 (0)61 965 11 11 / Fax: +41 (0)61 965 11 01
Mark Hill: +41 (0)61 965 13 21
Jana Erdmann: +41 (0)61 965 12 39
Marcel Kellerhals: +41 (0)61 965 17 51
This release contains certain forward-looking statements that reflect the current views of management. Such statements are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results, performance or achievements of the Straumann Group to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this release. The Group is providing the information in this release as of this date and does not undertake any obligation to update any statements contained in it as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
# # #