The 2020 Annual General Meeting took place on April 7, 2020 based on Article 6a of the COVID-19 Ordinance 2 of the Swiss Federal Council without the shareholders attending in person. 72 % of the total share capital was represented.
The Straumann shareholders approved all the proposals put forward by the Board of Directors.
The shareholders approved the following:
- The Management Report, the Annual Financial Statements and the Consolidated Financial Statements for the 2019 business year.
- The Compensation Report for the 2019 business year, in a consultative vote
- The appropriation of earnings and dividend payment for the 2019 business year: CHF 91 million for the dividend with a balance of approximately CHF 1.2 billion carried forward. The approved dividend corresponds to CHF 5.75 per share, an increase of CHF 0.50 on the previous year. The dividend will be paid net of 35% withholding tax as of 15 April 2020; the ex-dividend date is 9 April 2020.
- The discharge of the Board of Directors for the 2019 business year.
- The fixed compensation of the Board of Directors collectively for the next term in a maximum amount of CHF 2.7 million. Approximately 40% of the compensation is paid in shares at market value on the date of grant, which are blocked for two years.
- The compensation of the Executive Management (comprising 14 members vs. 12 in 2019), including: a total fixed compensation of CHF 9.2 million for the period from 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021, a long-term variable compensation at grant value of CHF 3.2 million for the 2020 business year, and a short-term variable compensation in the amount of CHF 6.1 million for the 2019 business year.
- The re-election of Gilbert Achermann as Member and Chairman of the Board, as well as Monique Bourquin, Dr Sebastian Burckhardt, Juan-José Gonzalez, Dr Beat Lüthi, Dr h.c. Thomas Straumann and Regula Wallimann as Board Members – each for a term of one year. Marco Gadola was elected as a new Board Member for a term of one year. (Having served on the Board for ten years, Ulrich Looser decided not to stand for re-election. On behalf of the shareholders and the company, the Chairman thanked him for his many contributions and wished him all the best for the future).
- The election of Monique Bourquin, Dr Beat Lüthi and Regula Wallimann to the Human Resources & Compensation Committee for a term of one year.
- Ex date: 9 April 2020
- Payment date: 15 April 2020
2021 Annual General Meeting
The next ordinary general meeting of Straumann’s shareholders will be convened on 9 April 2021 at the Basel Congress Center.