Annual General Meeting
The 2019 Annual General Meeting took place:
Friday, 5. April 2019, at 9:30 a.m. in the Congress Center Basel,
Montreal Hall, Messeplatz 21, Basel, Switzerland
The Straumann shareholders approved all the proposals put forward by the Board of Directors. 374 shareholders attended the meeting; together with proxies and online voters, they represented 74.01% of the total share capital.
The shareholders approved the following:
- The Management Report, the Annual Financial Statements and the Consolidated Financial Statements for the 2018 business year.
- The Compensation Report for the 2018 business year, in a consultative vote.
- The appropriation of earnings and dividend payment for the 2018 business year: CHF 83 million for the dividend with a balance of approximately CHF 1 billion carried forward. The approved dividend corresponds to CHF 5.25 per share, an increase of CHF 0.50 on the previous year.
- The discharge of the Board of Directors for the 2018 business year.
- The fixed compensation of the Board of Directors for the next term in a maximum amount of CHF 2.7 million. Approximately 40% of the compensation is paid in shares at market value; these shares are blocked for two years.
- The compensation of the Executive Management, including a maximum total fixed compensation of CHF 7.3 million for the period from 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020, a short-term variable compensation of CHF 6.1 million for the 2018 business year, and a maximum long-term, variable compensation of CHF 3.9 million for the 2019 business year.
- The re-election of Gilbert Achermann as Member and Chairman of the Board, as well as Monique Bourquin, Dr Sebastian Burckhardt, Ulrich Looser, Dr Beat Lüthi, Dr h.c. Thomas Straumann and Regula Wallimann as Board Members – each for a term of one year. The election of Juan-José Gonzalez as an additional Board Member for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Monique Bourquin, Ulrich Looser and Dr h.c. Thomas Straumann to the Human Resources & Compensation Committee for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Neovius AG in Basel as the independent voting representative for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Ernst & Young AG, Basel, as auditors for the 2019 business year.
- Ex date: 9 April 2019
- Payment date: 11 April 2019