Straumann Group shareholders elect Petra Rumpf as a new Board member and approve all further proposals
Basel, 9 April 2021 –Today at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Straumann Holding AG, all of the Board of Directors proposals were approved by its shareholders. Based on Article 27 of the COVID-19 Ordinance 3 of the Swiss Federal Council, the AGM was held without the physical presence of the shareholders. As last year, Straumann was required to ask its shareholders to vote through the independent proxy; 74% of the total 15,906,824 shares were represented in comparison with 72% in 2020.
The shareholders approved the following:
- The Management Report, the Annual Financial Statements and the Consolidated Financial Statements for the 2020 business year.
- The Compensation Report for the 2020 business year, in a consultative vote.
- The appropriation of earnings and dividend payment for the 2020 business year: CHF 91 million for the dividend with a balance of approximately CHF 1.3 billion carried forward. The approved dividend corresponds to CHF 5.75 per share, which is stable compared to the previous year. The dividend will be paid net of 35% withholding tax as of 15 April 2021; the ex-dividend date is 13 April 2021.
- Discharge of the Board of Directors for the 2020 business year.
- The fixed compensation of the Board of Directors collectively for the next term in a maximum amount of CHF 2.7 million, which is paid in cash and shares. Shares are granted at market value of the date of grant and are blocked for 2 years.
- The compensation of the Executive Management, including: a total fixed compensation of CHF 9.0 million for the period from 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022, a long-term variable compensation at grant value of CHF 3.5 million for the 2021 business year, and a short-term variable compensation in the amount of CHF 3.1 million for the 2020 business year.
- The re-election of Gilbert Achermann as Member and Chairman of the Board, as well as Dr Sebastian Burckhardt, Marco Gadola, Juan José Gonzalez, Dr Beat Lüthi, Dr h.c. Thomas Straumann and Regula Wallimann as Board Members – each for a term of one year. Petra Rumpf was elected as a new Board Member for a term of one year. Monique Bourquin decided not to stand for re-election. On behalf of the shareholders and the company, the Chairman thanked her for her many contributions and wished her all the best for the future.
- The election of Dr Beat Lüthi, Regula Wallimann and Juan José Gonzalez to the Human Resources & Compensation Committee for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Neovius AG in Basel as the independent voting representative for a term of one year.
- The re-election of Ernst & Young AG, Basel, as auditors for the 2021 business year.
The voting results are attached to this release.
The next ordinary general meeting of Straumann’s shareholders will be convened on 5 April 2022 at the Basel Congress Center.
The Straumann Group (SIX: STMN) is a global leader in tooth replacement and orthodontic solutions that restore smiles and confidence. It unites global and international brands that stand for excellence, innovation and quality in replacement, corrective and digital dentistry, including Anthogyr, ClearCorrect, Dental Wings, Medentika, Neodent, NUVO, Straumann and other fully/partly owned companies and partners. In collaboration with leading clinics, institutes and universities, the Group researches, develops, manufactures and supplies dental implants, instruments, CADCAM prosthetics, biomaterials and digital solutions for use in tooth replacement and restoration or to prevent tooth loss.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, the Group currently employs more than 7300 people worldwide and its products, solutions and services are available in more than 100 countries through a broad network of distribution subsidiaries and partners.